Our revolutionary FIRSTWATCH Programs makes your storm
response immediate, thorough, and
ProActive… Not Reactive
The best time to make decisions about how to handle emergencies is BEFORE the emergency happens. If you’re responsible for managing buildings, then you know that roof damage from storms is inevitable. Castro Roofing is on standby to make dealing with an unpleasant experience (storm damage) as painless and as easy as possible.
Getting Started with Your Pre-Storm Readiness Strategy
Pre-Storm Readiness Program is the first phase taken to prepare for future storms and avoid many problems that come when a plan is not in place prior to a storm event. This phase is composed of four stages:
- Readiness Program
- Storm Alert
- Priority Response
Each type of storm brings various situations and each one of them is dangerous, not only to the people in the business but to property and profit.
There are so many things to consider when a storm hits:
- Power structures in the business
- Technology outage and recovery
- Space and the work environment
- The connectivity of the business to its constituents and the employees to their family members or loved ones
This does not include damage to the facility and other assets.
At Storm Hawks, we are producing and gathering top-level information and plans that can be implemented by all businesses to successfully plan for storm-related emergencies.
Castro Roofing’s FirstWatch Storm Readiness Program will assist businesses in developing a preparedness program by providing tools to create a plan that addresses the impact of many types of storm damages.
The four steps in developing a preparedness program are:
- Agreement in place prior to a storm. Pricing is established and protocol is agreed to prior to storm event.
- Roof condition inspection to assess existing conditions and how well the roof system will perform during a major storm.
- Storm Alert system is activated. FirstWatch will monitor all storms that impact your facilities.
- Priority response with our Unit Responder team will be assigned to your account.
Weather Alert is an advanced meteorological forensic notification program. The hail analysis system instantly pinpoints the size and locations impacted by large hail.
By integrating cutting-edge hail detection with proprietary 3-D modeling of individual storm cells, the First Watch Weather Alert system notifies you of potential damage to any of your properties within the United States.
Did you know almost 50% of businesses affected by a natural disaster never reopen? The majority of those that do have a Storm Readiness Program and Response Plan in place.
According to insurance adjusters, the greatest cause of damage after a disaster is loss of the structural integrity of the roof. This is when the building is completely exposed to the elements. The first step in mitigating further damage to the facility is to immediately ensure that the building is watertight without damaging the evidence that a storm caused the damage.
There are the three major roof problems companies and institutions face after a disaster that should be covered in their Emergency Preparedness and Response plan:
- Slow Response Time: Many companies have a local roofer that they work with, but in the event of a disaster they often lack the staff and equipment necessary for the timely corrective actions. We have developed a program that solves this problem for you.
- Loss of Functionality: There are two common solutions following a disaster. One is to nail down a tarp, which is not watertight and will not protect your property. The other is to shrink wrap your building, and although it is watertight, it effectively stops all your rooftop functions. Our program has a watertight solution, and your building keeps its functionality.
- Durability: Even though it is a temporary roof system, you need it to hold up for the duration of the insurance claim process, which can take up to a year.
Our program is designed to provide you with a priority response by having professionally trained crews, specialized equipment, and quality materials waiting outside the danger zone ready for immediately action. Our crews will inspect your current roof and assess any damages and perform an emergency “Dry-In”. This is a watertight roof system that will allow your building to keep its functionality. Best of all, there is no cost to become a member of our program. Please call 800-897-6543 for more details or e-mail us at Storm@CastroRoofing.com.
Priority Service During an Area Wide Disaster
Your company can access dedicated national resources in times when local resources are scarce. Gain a competitive advantage by restoring your operations in a shorter period.
A Single Point of Contact
Work with one contact who understands your unique business requirements and will provide daily updates on your affected property.
Upfront National Pricing with No Retainer Fees
Allows you to pay for services once engaged and eliminates any surprises once a loss occurs.
Encourages decision maker buy-in before a loss occurs, enabling you to immediately execute a plan when disaster strikes.
National Coverage and Multiple Vendor Partnerships
Upon verbal authorization, Interstate will be at your location with the right resources for the job.
An insurance claim is all about properly documenting the storm damage.
If proper records of the existing roof conditions are not documented, the insurance company can deny the claim because they believe the damage already existed prior to the storm event. If no proof is provided, you will be fighting an uphill battle.
You’ll need to document the damage that has been done by the storm as soon as possible, particularly if your insurance only covers certain types of damage. Take photos of the damage, and be sure to document any potential problems, such as mold, crumbling drywall or exposed power lines. It’s also a good idea to have pictures on file of the normal state of your facility.
The Storm Hawks team has created an industry first online documentation process by creating a collaborative project website and blog for your organization. This website has been established to ensure everyone’s ability to keep connected concerning this process and equip everyone involved with the tools needed to document each of the steps.
Inside this website you’ll see the following documentation:
- Videos – Videos of the site, exterior and interior damage.
- Estimates – Detail estimates using insurance approved database estimating system including subcontractor’s estimates.
- Reports – Forensic reports, expert reports, Weekly Status Reports, Storm Hawks Diagnostic Report and many other reports proving our case to the insurance company.
- Roof Plans – Roof plans showing dimensions, damage areas, where roof cores were taken, X-Vision Thermal Mapping infrared plans showing “curtain damage” and many other drawings.
- X-Vision Thermal Mapping – The infrared pictures, videos and roof plan showing where moister is trapped underneath the roof system not visible to the naked eye.
- Insurance Policy & Other Insurance Documents – Here is where we place your insurance policy and any other documentation, we receive from the insurance company.
- Correspondence – All correspondence are uploaded here to document what was discussed.
- Weather Report – Storm Hawks Impact Zone Map another weather reports are saved here for proving the size of the hail or speed of the wind.